How to Make Capes
We made these capes to celebrate Halloween in a way that promoted a positive school culture. You can read about the teacher costume contest and our celebration on the fifth grade blog. Here are the instructions if you want to do it with your students.
First of all, dress for success. Then you can follow these steps:
2. You can also set out a plate of colors at each table with one or two q-tips for each color.
3. When students come in, tell them not to touch anything.
4. Lay down the ground rules:
a. No one can touch the paint until you say so.
b. No one can get out of their seat.
c. No one should mix colors.
d. Paint is only allowed on the capes.
5. Pass out one piece of fabric for each student to lay across the garbage bags.
6. Ask students to complete the 5th Grade Cape Making Worksheet.
7. Tell students that they can start working when you initial their worksheet.
8. Initial each worksheet when it is completed to your satisfaction.
Let the fun begin!
When students are finished working, you can hang the capes on a clothesline.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.